Roblox is more than just a game. It’s a great platform where you can create, save, and publish your games. Thus, when you are done with creating and saving your game, it’s time to publish. And this is where “How to publish a game on Roblox” comes in handy.
Without publishing, your game remains private and inaccessible for play by the public. At the same time, you are also locked out from playing the game you’ve just created. When you publish a game on Roblox, it means a copy of your game is saved on Roblox servers. What’s more, this makes your game public and accessible to all who want to play.
How to publish a game on Roblox in few seconds
Therefore, once you are through with designing and saving your game on this platform, it’s time to publish it. At this point, you are certain that your project is ready for the world to access and enjoy it.
- Begin by signing into your account with the appropriate credentials
- In your account, look for the name “File” and click on it
- Thereafter, select “Publish to Roblox…” and click
- The following steps now rely on the game you want to publish. In this case, you have to choose whether it’s an existing game or a new name you’ve just created.
Publish an existing game
If the games you want to publish is an addition to an existing game on this platform. Then click the “Update existing game” option on the left side of this window. Once you click, a drop-down list of the existing games you’ve published before will appear. At this point, you can choose the game you to update through publishing.
Publish a new game
If you publish a new project, click on this option and fill out the relevant details. Thereafter, click on the “Create” option to complete publishing your game on this platform. We hope you managed to find how to publish a game on Roblox
Q. How can I make my game on this platform accessible to the public for play?
Once you are done with creating and saving your games, they are Private and only accessible to you. However, if you want to make it accessible to the public through sharing, then there are a few steps to make that possible.
- Click here or sign in to your account then find “Create”. Under it, there is your game.
- Click on the game and then select the gear icon
- After that click on “Configure Game”
- Under “Privacy”, click on “Public”
- Afterward, click “save” and you are through with making your game accessible to all with your link.
Q. Where can you find the published games on Roblox?
Are you wondering where the records of your published games are found on this platform? Well, it’s easy to find all of them with just a few clicks. All you need to do is sign in your account then locate Games; under it, you will find the “Create” option and click on it. Alternatively, click here to find your published games easily.
How to create a Roblox game
Are you interested in creating your own game on this platform? It’s relatively simple with the right guide. All you need to do is select the game preset, adjust the game terrain, add objects you need in the game, test it, and then publish it for public access. Just as simple as such. So let’s begin:
- Game presetClick open on the Roblox studio app
- Log in into your account or create one if you don’t have
- Click new
- Click ‘Gameplay’ and choose a game preset from the list of options. And while you are free to design your game-type, you will need Lua coding knowledge and expertise.
- Learn how to operate the controls freely
- Terrain adjustment
- To adjust the terrain, look for the editor tab on the window and click it
- After that, the terrain editor will open up
- Use the pain option on the editor to change the appearance of the ground
- Choose the brush setting to adjust the strength and size of the brush. What’s more, you can change the shape of the brush.
- Ad obstacles like valleys and hills for an in-depth map.
- Adjust the hill sizes by either increasing or reducing them.
- Use a smooth option in the editor to improve your game aesthetics and make it more realistic.
- Object adjustment
- Look for the Toolbox tab and click open
- On its pane, search for the objects you want to include in your game, such as buildings, trees, and weapons.
- Once you’ve got the object you need, click it and a pop up that says “Put this tool into the starter pack?” will appear. Choose ‘Yes’ to add the object.
- Then click and hold to drag the object and place it in the appropriate location you prefer.
- You can add several objects that you need with the same process until you are satisfied.
- Game testing
Once everything is in place, you need to test your game. Through testing, you will have a clear picture of the game from the player perspective. Through this, you can make adjustments and correct a few mistakes to make it perfect. This is a very important step before publishing your content.
- At the top of the Roblox window, click on the ‘Test’ tab. This will give you access to the test toolbar.
- On the toolbar, look for the Play icon and click it
- If the camera is not in place, reposition it for a better view
- Go through the whole map to check for errors.
- Once you are through, close game testing using the red square icon on the toolbar.
Publish the game
Before taking any further steps, ensure you save the game. And just before you publicize, save a backup file. Thereafter, click ‘File’ and choose ‘Publish to Roblox’. From this point onwards, use the first steps on ‘How to publish a game on Roblox’.
Publishing a game on Roblox is as simple as you can see from the above techniques. And the same applies to create a new game on this platform. Take your time and employ each step carefully to get an outstanding result.