Whether it’s an e-wallet, debit card, or credit card, you can save them on Amazon. And it does not end there. If you have the need to clear all these details, you are also free to do so. In this case, you will have to follow a few simple steps and learn How to remove payment method from Amazon.
Thanks to Amazon and its founders, we now have a global market with no boundaries. Through this online retail platform, you can order and get goods from any corner of the world in your home’s comfort. And with its delivery services, you can have the goods delivered at your doorstep.
With Amazon, you can make orders and pay for them online through their platform. Furthermore, through their platform, you can keep all your records of the transactions you’ve done.
BONUS TIP: If you were also wondering how to find the items that are sold and shipped directly by Amazon, and not by the third-party seller, you can check in our Amazon guide.
Track your records in Amazon
Online shopping is an excellent necessity with incredible convenience and flexibility designed for you. You are free to buy goods, make payments, enable you to track your records, and even delete them when the need comes.
During this pandemic that has crippled many world economies, online shopping has stood out as a lifesaver. And not just in ensuring you get exactly what you want, but also ensures you remain protected by staying at home as your goods get delivered at your doorstep.
E-commerce platforms like Amazon provide you with incredible transparency. You can compare the price of the same goods across different retailers and choose the best offer. What’s more, there are credible reviews for every product you get to guide you when choosing the best quality.
Last but not least, you have hundreds if not thousands of varieties of the same product to choose from. And once through with filling your cart, you can pay for the goods online on the same platform.
This saves you time by storing the information of your e-wallet, debit card, and credit card. But due to various concerns like security and privacy you may have, you are free to delete these details effortlessly. So, let’s have a look at how to remove credit card from Amazon:
- With Amazon, it’s very simple to remove a credit card from its platform with several clicks.
- Alternatively, you can choose to change the credit card you are using for another one to improve your online shopping experience.
How to remove payment method from Amazon on your desktop
- Login- Using any browser, visit Amazon’s official website. If you are using Google, then click here. Once you are in, click log in and key in your credentials to open up your account.
- In your account, move the cursor and place it on Account & Lists options. In this case, there will be a dropdown menu.
- In the menu, click open “Your Account”
- Thereafter, locate “Ordering and Shopping Preference”. Under it, click on “Payment Options”
- At this point, you should be having a list of a debit card or credit card you have been using in your account. Choose the one you want to remove and click on the down-pointing arrow to the right where you will have an option to click and remove.
- Lastly, “confirm remove” will pop up after clicking remove, at this point, when you click on it, the card and its details will be deleted from your account.
- You are done- As simple as that!
How to remove the payment method from Amazon using a smartphone/tablet
- Tap open the Amazon application on your device
- Then tap open at the top left side before the word Amazon to open a dropdown menu.
- In the list of options, click on “Your Account”
- Next, tap on Amazon Wallet, and from the drop-down list, tap on “Manage payment options”
- At this point, you will have a list of credit card or debit card you’ve been using in your account. Tap on the card you want to remove and choose delete.
- Thereafter, the “confirm” message will pop up. Tap on confirm and the credit card will be removed with its details from your account.
- At this point, you are done
Q. Is it safe to use my credit cards on Amazon pay?
Yes, all your details are safe with the Amazon payment method. During payment transactions with your merchants, they can only access the payment details. And this meant for complete support of the transaction between parties.
Therefore, the credit card full details, among other vital information, are only accessible to you. However, if you are still skeptical about your information’s safety, you can choose to erase it all.
And this is possible through the above technique on how to remove your credit card from Amazon. Once your card is no longer linked to Amazon all the transaction details are also erased along with it from your account.
Q. Are the details of my transactions just in my account or also in the credit card?
Erasing your transactions includes the link between your credit card with Amazon’s account not fully erasing all your transaction information. That said, every payment you make after purchase is recorded with your credit card issuing financial institution. Therefore, you will find all the payments you made through Amazon pay in your monthly or annual statement.
Q. Apart from removing the payment method, can I change some information in my Amazon account?
Yes, you can easily manage your information in your account freely without a hassle. All you need to do is visit the official website Amazon.com and sign in to your account. After that, click on “Your Account”, at this point, you can make and implement changes. However, you cannot make every change at this point.
We hope we helped you to find how to remove payment method from Amazon. For other issues related to payment, you can visit the website Amazon pay. Lastly, it’s good to be aware of what you can and what you cannot change. Therefore, before making any changes, consider reading the information about what you are free to change at Amazon help