Are you tired of waiting for your Audible to drag until the end? Well, you have an opportunity to speed it up. So whether you are using an Android, iPhone, or PC to listen to your book, you will find out here how to speed up Audible narration. Alternatively, you can also slow down the speed of the narration speed is too fast for you.
However, this feature is not compatible with all devices. Thus, if you are using a MacBook, it’s unfortunate that you cannot speed up your Audible. But if you have an iPhone or iPad at hand, you can download the Audible app and an additional program.
For those with android devices and window PC, you can manage this action at ease with the right steps to follow. So let’s have a look at how you can speed up Audible in the following devices:
How to speed up audible on a Mac book via your mobile
As mentioned earlier, this feature is not compatible with a MacBook; however, it’s not impossible. If you still need to use your MacBook, then do this via your mobile phone. You need to use the casting feature in your book.
But before you do that, you should start by downloading an app for increasing the playback speed of your audiobook on your phone. After that, mirror the audiobook on your MacBook to your phone. In this case, use an app like AirServer that supports mirroring of both image and sound.
How to speed up audible on Computer
Luckily, every window device comes with a window media player. And this is all you need to enhance the playback speed of your audiobook. To start:
- Download the audiobook on your device
- Then select the specific Audible you want to listen to and tap open.
- Use windows media player to execute this action
- Once open through the media player, look for the play button, and right-click it.
- At this point, you will have three options for playback speed.
- You can either choose to slow playback, normal playback, or fast playback.
However easy this process of speeding or slowing the playback speed is, the major drawback is limited options of speed. And that’s not all. The sound may come out with distortion and unclear. And if you are unlucky, your player may not have any the options named earlier to change the playback speed.
How to speed up audible on Android
It’s quite simple to speed the audiobook on your android device. And this is made possible through third-party applications or programs that support this feature. At first, you need to download the Audible app on your device.
- Thereafter, tap the app to open.
- Go to the library section and choose the specific audiobook you want to listen to
- Once open, tap the speed icon of the player and drop down speed options will appear.
- At this point, you can choose to leave at normal speed which is 1x, or reduce its speed further to 0.5x or 0.75x if the normal speed is too fast for you.
- But in this case, you are here to speed up, so choose the speed options that are greater than 1x. You can select and listen to several options until you find a perfect match.
How to speed up Audible on iPhone
Using an iPhone to speed up the audiobook is pretty simple. There are only a few steps you need to follow, and this will be successful within a moment. To accomplish this, consider the following steps:
- Tap to open the Audiobook app.
- Pick and open the audiobook you need to speed up its narration or perhaps slow down. And you can do this through the app library section.
- When your book is open on display, look for speed on the left lower corner and tap on it.
- You will get options of either slowing down the playback speed, increasing it, or leave it as it is. In regular play, the speed is 1x, and to reduce it, you can do this up to the least speed of 0.75x. However, at this speed, the narration will be too sluggish.
- On the other hand, you have a wide range of options in speeding up the playback speed. Make no mistake, if you increase the speed higher, Alvin and the Chipmunks will be the one narrating the audiobook to you.
So, can you speed up audible? Yes, you can even though this feature is not supported in all devices. As mentioned earlier, MacBook cannot support the change of playback speed, but with the help of programs and your mobile phone, you can accomplish through mirroring.
But when it comes to other devices like android devices, iPhone, iPad, and Windows PC, this is possible. It’s pretty simple steps as you can see from the above guidelines, so pick the method based on the device you have and enjoy audiobooks through a custom speed of your choice.
The last option you have to speed up the Audible is through third-party software or program. In this case, you can use your window PC or MacBook at will without worrying. That said; consider programs like Tuneskit Audible Converter. This option is available for both Mac and Window PC.
With this option, you can choose a custom speed you prefer and have your audiobook stick with that permanently. So, unlike the temporary option you have with media player or audible app, with this, you can fix the speed once and for all.
Therefore, convert your audiobooks to a new format and enjoy it in your custom speed. And unlike other speed-up techniques, this one eliminates DRM limitations creating a crystal clear narration with a different speed. And once the conversion is complete, you are free to play your audiobook using various media players and on multiple devices.
Our site is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more